Halloween is almost here but there’s still time for a few more projects! I had been eyeing a few black and white découpage pumpkins and finally decided to make one of my own…with a buggy theme…since my little 2 and 3 year old grandsons are really into BUGS!
It started when I found these great découpage insect punch-outs at half-price at Michael’s…but even if you can’t find them it’s OK! I found some vintage bugs for you!
Here’s what you will need:
- A white faux pumpkin (Mine came from Walmart for $5.00 and I spray painted it white and let it dry)
- Insect découpage punch-outs or a print-out of the insect graphics below (I found them at Vintage Printable and edited them so they are black and white) You may want to print the graphics at several different sizes for a more interesting effect.
- Mod Podge
- Foam brush
- Black craft paint for the stem
- Tape off the area around the stem and paint it black. Allow it to dry.
- Punch out (if you bought the packaged kind) or cut out (if you use the graphics below) the insects that you will need for your pumpkin. If you cut them out, it’s fine to leave a little white space around it.
- Brush a generous amount of Mod Podge on the back of the insect and smooth it in place on the pumpkin.
- Continue adding insects until you are pleased with the arrangement. HINT…I find it helpful to stop and wash my hands rather frequently to prevent them from getting too sticky.
- Allow the pumpkin to dry overnight.
- Add another layer of Mod Podge all over the pumpkin to seal the edges.
Here are some insects from Vintage Printable that you might use for your pumpkin.
And…taa daa!…here it is! It was super easy and fun to do and the little grands are already enjoying carrying it around the house!
And while we are on the subject of black and white pumpkins….here is the zebra duct tape pumpkin that I made last year! You will find a complete tutorial here.
And one final peek at a little black and white…with some orange thrown in for Halloween fun…here’s the staff having an afternoon nap in the sunshine! They love this time of year since all four of them (our CEO Ozzie is snoozing elsewhere) are combinations of black, white and/or orange! Shhhh! They think Halloween was invented for them!
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed seeing my buggy black and white pumpkin! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays , No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays , Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays , My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday , French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday , Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special, Tatertots and Jello for the Link Party Palooza
See you next time! À la prochaine!
Also find me at…